Thanks for considering Ice Dam Guys®!
You’ve heard that ice dam removal can be expensive, and you’re probably wondering what our rates are. Typically, we charge $685 an hour (with at least a 2-hour minimum) for roof snow removal and ice dam removal. Occasionally we may need to charge more (and sometimes even less), as well as adjust our minimum charge, depending on factors that include the following:
- The area of the country we’re in, and the costs of getting there and staying there.
- The ad costs for the area we’re in (a large part of our expense).
- Average drive time between jobs.
- Height and/or slope of your roof (or what’s most common in your area).
- Whether extra Ice Dam Guys® techs are needed for safety or to remove excess snow on the roof or ground.
- Whether you need us sooner than our schedule permits (we’re often booked solid).
- Other special circumstances, like if you’ve got a glass roof or slate roof or copper gutters, etc.
Many hundreds of dollars an hour may sound like a lot of money, and it is. But professional, properly insured ice dam removal – with steam – isn’t cheap. Any companies out there that claim to provide the same service at a lesser price are cutting corners somewhere. They’ll skimp on the equipment they use, or on the insurance they carry (or don’t carry), or on the personnel they hire – or all of the above.
Ice dam removal by experienced professionals is far cheaper than the alternatives, including:
- Hiring an inexperienced, under-equipped company (probably an out-of-work roofer) who will work for cheap but will damage your shingles and cause you a huge roof repair bill in the spring (or a new roof altogether). That could cost you 5 figures.
- Not doing anything and letting your ice dam leaks get worse, to the point that you need to pay five figures for home repairs (and possibly mold remediation). That typically costs 5 figures, too.
- Hiring a company that is not insured specifically for ice dam removal, who can sue you if they fall off your roof and need someone to pay their medical bills. The resulting lawsuit could cost you everything you own.
Here are a few of the other reasons $685/hour for our standard service is what we need to charge, and why it’s a better deal than it may have seemed initially:
- It is highly dangerous work. We’re on a slippery roof in the dead of winter. We have to pay our Ice Dam Guys® technicians – many of them with families – very well.
- We offer same-day and next-day service, and are there when YOU need us. That may be late at night, on a weekend, on a holiday, or on an Ice Dam Guys® tech’s kid’s birthday. Again, we believe in paying our techs fairly for their sacrifices and the risks they take skirting around your icy roof in the dead of winter. (If that means losing a few would-be customers who just want the cheapest bidder, we consider that a reasonable trade-off.)
- Unlike almost every so-called “company” that offers ice dam removal, we have the type of insurance that will actually protect you in the event of an accident.
- Each one of our customized ice dam steamers cost around eight-thousand dollars, and we employ several highly skilled grease monkeys full-time just to maintain all of them on a daily basis. Unlike our competitors, many of whom pick up whatever pressure washer is on sale at Home Depot. Or…they buy the standard three-thousand dollar off-the-shelf “electric” teamer and claim to be a pro while relentlessly bragging about the fact that they use steam (which is really just meant to distract you from the fact they have little to no experience actually removing ice dams).
We hope our hourly rate now makes as much sense to you as it does to us – and to our many happy customers. Please contact Ice Dam Guys® if you’d like help from the top-rated ice dam removal company in the US.